As I noted last night, Redmond and Juanita’s wins against Roosevelt and Bothell helped make the KingCo 4A Mountain the most open race left in the area, with four teams left standing. The Seamount has the closest, though, with three teams within a game, and here’s the best part: they all play each other down the stretch.
KingCo 4A Lake
Franklin, at 13-0, has clinched.
KingCo 4A Mountain
Roosevelt 9-3: Lake Washington, Ballard, Bothell
Bothell 9-4: at Juanita, at Roosevelt
Juanita 8-5: Bothell, Woodinville
Redmond 6-6: Garfield, at Woodinville, Ballard
Based on the SPSL’s power point tie-breaking system, Kentridge receives the top seed. Decatur and Kentwood will play Tuesday to determine a No. 2.
Curtis, at 13-1, has clinched.
Snohomish, at 13-1, has clinched.
Edmonds-Woodway 13-2: Jackson
Meadowdale 11-3: Kamiak, at Shorewood
Should E-W and Meadowdale tie at 13-3, Meadowdale has beaten E-W twice.
Rainier Beach 13-0: at Cleveland, West Seattle, Chief Sealth
Cleveland 10-3: Rainier Beach, at Ingraham, at Nathan Hale
Seattle Prep 12-2: Lakeside, Seattle Prep
O’Dea 10-4: at Bishop Blanchet, Bainbridge
Mercer Island, at 14-0, has clinched
Mt. Rainier 11-1: Kennedy, Hazen
Renton 11-1: Lindbergh, at Kennedy
Kennedy 10-2: at Mt. Rainier, Renton
Auburn, at 12-0, has clinched.
1. Matt Lapasin, Issaquah, boys basketball. Led the Eagles with 30 points in a win against Mount Si.
2. Eryn Jones, Meadowdale, girls basketball. Her 26 points led Meadowdale, which beat Mountlake Terrace and can clinch second place in the WesCo South on Monday against Kamiak
3. De’Andre Taylor, Garfield, boys basketball. Led the Bulldogs with 29 points (cousin Tony Wroten added 27) in an overtime win against Inglemoor (whose Will Bush stayed hot with 22 points)
4. Sarah Paponjak, Foster, girls basketball. In a 73-67 win against Steilacoom, Paponjak led Foster with 26 points.
5. Michael Crudup, Cleveland, boys basketball. Led Cleveland with 27 points in a comeback win against Chief Sealth that keeps Cleveland alive, mathematically, for the Metro Sound title (Division-leading Rainier Beach visits Cleveland today).
Today’s top games
KingCo 3A meet, gymnastics, at Woodinville. Four of the past five state team champions have come from the conference.
Rainier Beach at Cleveland, boys basketball, 2 p.m. Top-ranked Beach clinches the Metro Sound with a win.