November 12, 2008 at 5:02 PM
I saw some crazy and interesting stories out there in Prepland. I figured I’d share them along with a weekly share of national rankings.
- Nine varsity football players were booted from the team after attending the Phillies celebration parade after their World Series win.
- A state championship football game in Georgia was delayed when no referees were scheduled to work the game.
- Ever seen a 305-pound quarterback? His coach calls him “a quarterback in a linesman’s body.”
- Brett Favre‘s nephew quarterback is putting up some record-breaking numbers.
- Shocker of the year: Ashton Kutcher is failing as a high-school football coach.
- Football rankings time. Skyline is 26th and Bellevue is 59 in Rivals national rankings. They are fourth and 11th respectively in the West regional poll. ESPN has them 16th and 49th nationally, then third and ninth regionally. Finally USA Today has the Spartans eighth in the country.
- ESPN’s national soccer rankings have Kentwood (34) and Bellarmine Prep (41) the highest ranked from Washington. In the state-by-state rankings, they add Kennedy.
- In early basketball polls, Rainier Beach comes in at No. 18 in the country. Auburn Riverside, Kennedy and Snohomish all get early attention on the girls side.