The Saturday games of the state quarterfinals are about to kickoff with Chiawana-Wenatchee and Bothell-Bellarmine Prep.
If you can’t make it to one of the games today, you have a couple options to follow along from home. There is always Twitter. Sandy Ringer (@SandyRinger1) and @jlieb24 (me) are the ones to follow for your social media updates. There will also be broadcast options.
– The Meadowdale-Eastside Catholic game (at Memorial Stadium) will be streamed live here. Game is scheduled to kickoff at 5 p.m. with the pregame show at 4:50 p.m.
– Bellevue-Peninsula can be heard on 1150 AM with kickoff set for 7 p.m.
– Cascade Christian and King’s will go head-to-head in the 1A ranks. That game can be seen here at 7 p.m.
– You can follow along in a live chat with The Columbian, as Eastlake hosts Camas in a 4A quarterfinal game. Kickoff time in Sammammish is scheduled for 3 p.m.
And on the east side of the mountains …
– If you are in the Spokane area, you can watch the Shadle Park play Kamiakin in Kennewick on SWX-TV at 2 p.m. Greg Lee of the Spokesman-Review wrote this about Shadle Park’s defense.
– Craig Craker of the Tri-City Herald has this primer of the Chiawana-Wenatchee game.
If you’re sitting at home (or on your smart phone at one of them) following these games and need something to read, here are a couple links from yesterday.
– Sandy Ringer writes about Federal Way’s comeback win over Richland.
– O’Dea quarterback Pierre LeDorze says the Irish are happy to be in the semifinals, but still striving for the ultimate goal: a state title.
– Another angle to the O’Dea win, this one coming from the Mountain View viewpoint. Paul Valencia of The Columbian provides probably the quote of the weekend from O’Dea defensive lineman Jarius McDade.
“It was strength vs. strength, man vs. man,” said O’Dea defensive lineman Jarius McDade, who takes up a lot of space at 6-foot-2, 313 pounds. “Who’s tougher? Who’s tougher? No soup. They don’t get no soup.”