Sunday is a day for football and relaxing. For those of us who concern ourselves with high school basketball, it’s a day without games or practices.
But what fun would that be?
So let’s talk a little basketball. And there is no better place to start than Rainier Beach. The 3A No. 1 team showed its firepower in its first two games of the season, topping 100 points. The Vikings then played Seattle Prep on Saturday in what was a close first-half battle. Down at halftime, Rainier Beach picked up the pace and ran away with a win over the No. 7 Panthers.
- In another interesting result from last night, 3A No.2 Bellevue destroyed 4A No. 10 Bothell in a non-league game, 92-44. Five Wolverines scored double digits, while limiting Bothell to less than 10 points in two quarters.
- 3A No. 8 Franklin turned a four-point deficit heading into the fourth quarter into a 58-53 win over 3A No. 6 Mountlake Terrace. Keith Smith had 29 points for Franklin.
- Donaven Dorsey went off for 3A No. 9 Timberline in a 66-61 win over Kentwood, scoring 44 points.
- 4A No. 4 Kentridge rolled to a 62-37 win over Auburn Mountainview behind a defensive effort.
- 4A No. 5 Arlington beat Union 55-47.
- From east of the mountains, 4A No. 3 Central Valley came back from a 12-point deficit to beat Shadle Park 64-44. Adam Chamberlain scored 24 points for the 3-0 Bears.
- Look at this crazy game-winning shot by Cody Benzel that helped 4A No. 7 Ferris to a 67-63 win over Mead.
- No. 1 Pullman (2A) fought back to beat Lakeland 63-58 and improve to 3-0.