There were some interesting football matchups yesterday, especially for a Thursday. But, we’ve got plenty more today. Let’s jump right in.
– First off, No. 8 Peninsula pulled away for a 41-19 win against No. 5 Lakes. It gives the Seahawks the upper hand in the SPSL 3A.
I love this quote from Peninsula coach Ross Filknins: “This one is definitely one of the best wins in my 20 years here. It was just a gritty, solid win.”
– On ROOT Sports, Auburn Mountainview was winners over Sumner, 42-35. Lots of scoring in a KingCo battle at Pop Keeney, as well, with Newport beating Inglemoor 49-31. Hazen came out winners over Renton 18-12 in a Seamount game to take keep the league lead.
– Shadle Park rebounded from its first loss to top Central Valley 47-33, as Brett Rypien surpassed 10,000 career passing yards.
– Tonight, we’ll be covering three games. Sandy Ringer will be at Kentlake-Kent-Meridian, Matt Massey will be at Mercer Island at Juanita and I’ll be at the Game of the Week as Lakeside visits Eastside Catholic. Here’s more on the Lakeside-Eastside Catholic game, which is the first Metro contest for Lakeside in quite some time.
– The NFHS game is Curtis at Graham-Kapowsin.
– Mariner at Cascade will be on 1380 AM at 5 p.m.
– Curtis at Graham-Kapowsin will be on 1180 AM at 6:45 p.m.
– Marysville-Getchell at Arlington will be on 1520 AM at 7 p.m.
– Oak Harbor at Everett will be on 1380 AM at 8 p.m.
– Big nationally-ranked game between No. 4 St. John Bosco (Calif.) and No. 5 Bishop Gorman (Nev.) on ESPN at 6 p.m. MaxPreps has more.
– The News Tribune has games to watch from Narrows 4A, Narrows 3A and SPSL South, as well as a 2B showdown.
– The Daily News has these preview capsules.
– It’s a clean sweep for Gonzaga Prep, as both guys over at NW Preps Now pick the No. 6 Bullpups over No. 10 Mt. Spokane in a 4A/3A ranked matchup.
– Previews and picks from The Columbian.
– Keep track of all the games in Southwest Washington with The Columbian.