There were no major upsets this week, but we did have a record-breaking performance, we saw the top teams win big and an interesting result from the east side of the state. Let’s get to it.
– Our game of the week turned into the Isaiah Williams Show, as the Kentwood running back rushed for 164 yards in the No. 9 Conquerors (5-0) shut out Tahoma 28-0 in an important SPSL 4A Northeast Division game. The report from Sandy Ringer.
– Matt Massey saw O’Dea’s running game overtake Bishop Blanchet 31-7. The Irish and Eastside Catholic are inching closer to a big-time matchup that could decide the Metro League Mountain Division champion.
– Bothell turned a big game against Woodinville into a 46-3 blowout. The Cougars take a firm grasp of the top of the KingCo standings.
– I took in a dominant Bellevue performance, as the No. 1 Wolverines beat Glacier Peak 30-0. Bellevue showed an ability to throw the ball that isn’t usually associated with the wing-T.
– Federal Way won its third straight, topping Decatur 70-24, but the real story was Chico McClatcher’s SPSL 4A record-breaking 397-yard running output. The News Tribune has the story
– No. 2 Camas had a close game for awhile, but then the Papermakers scored 35 straight points to beat Skyview 56-24.
– In a battle in Spokane, 3A Shadle Park topped 4A Gonzaga Prep 25-13 in a matchup of ranked teams.