As I’ve mentioned on Twitter, next week has a few big matchups to look forward to seeing. But that doesn’t mean we should overlook this week’s games — there are some good ones. Here’s how to keep track of them.
– First off, there were some games last night. I took in No. 7 Federal Way and No. 8 Kentwood, as the Eagles won the defensive battle, 14-10.
– No. 9 Gig Harbor beat Timberline pretty easily, 41-0, and Jon Manley, the sports editor of The Peninsula Gateway, says junior quarterback Davis Alexander broke three school records.
– We’re covering four games tonight. Doug Drowley is covering Graham-Kapowsin at Skyline, Matt Massey has Juanita at Bellevue, Sandy Ringer will be taking in Lakes at Auburn Mountainview and I’ll be covering Roosevelt at Garfield.
– Marysville-Pilchuck at Everett can be heard live on 1380 AM at 5 p.m.
– Emerald Ridge at Bethel can be heard live on 1180 AM at 7 p.m.
– Kamiak at Jackson can be heard live on 1380 AM at 8 p.m.
– The Graham-Kapowsin at Skyline game will be live on the NFHS network.
– Shadle Park-Ferris (5 p.m.) and Mead-Mt. Spokane (7:30 p.m.) will be live streaming on the NW Preps Now site.
– Tahoma at Kent-Meridian can be seen on tape delay on ROOT Sports on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. The game kicks off at 6 p.m.
– The Tacoma News Tribune thinks Emerald Ridge (3-2) will keep on rolling against SPSL upstart Bethel (5-0) with its fourth straight win.
– The Columbian has this preview for the weekend’s games, with picks.