I’ve been talking about this weekend of preps football for awhile, so hopefully it doesn’t disappoint. The matchups are there, though, so without further ado, let’s get after it.
– First up, Federal Way used a pair of touchdown runs and a punt return for a score from Chico McClatcher to beat Mount Tahoma 49-6 last night. That means if Beamer beats Decatur tonight, those two will face off in a week for the SPSL Northwest title.
– Ballard shut out Franklin 56-0 to finish the Metro Valley portion of its schedule undefeated.
– In a game of teams looking for their first win, Redmond beat Inglemoor 10-7.
– Tonight we’ll have four reporters out at games. Matt Massey will be at Eastside Catholic-O’Dea, Doug Drowley will be covering Peninsula at Auburn Mountainview, Sandy Ringer will be at Kent-Meridian-Kentwood and I’ll be at Bothell-Skyline.
– Eastside Catholic at O’Dea will be broadcast live on ROOT Sports at 7 p.m.
– Puyallup at Graham-Kapowsin can be heard on 1180 AM at 7 p.m.
– Arlington at Marysville-Pilchuck can be heard on 1380 AM at 7 p.m.
– You can watch the Kent-Meridian at Kentwood game on the NFHS Network at 7 p.m.
– Also on the NFHS Network is the Camas at Union game at 8 p.m.
– Speaking of that battle down south, it pits No. 2 Camas and No. 3 Union, which should be a fantastic game. But if you’re going to watch, The Columbian says you might want to beware of traffic issues with a game before and a large crowd expected.
– Among the picks from The News Tribune, Kentwood and Peninsula are favored.
– If you are heading to that SPSL Northeast showdown, read this TNT story on Kent-Meridian’s change in culture.
– A 2A showdown between Ellensburg and Prosser is primed by The Daily Record.
– Picks from the east side of the state courtesy of NW Preps Now.