The week 10 matchups are set (almost) and the playoffs have arrived with full force. Get ready, here we go. And let’s recap the seeding and elimination games this past week that got us here.
– First off, Jerry Brewer was at Marsyville-Pilchuck for the Tomahawks’ 55-34 win over Meadowdale that gave them the Wesco 3A title. But, the game was much more than football.
– Oak Harbor, who gave Marysville-Pilchuck the Wesco North title, beat Mountlake Terrace 49-9 to take the No. 3 seed from the conference and will host Kennedy Catholic.
– Auburn beat Lakes 49-27, which means the Lancers drop into a three-way tie for the fourth, and final, playoff spot in the SPSL, which will be decided Tuesday. Auburn travels to Meadowdale after receiving the league’s No. 3 seed.
– Bishop Blanchet beat Garfield 31-7, but earns a date with Bellevue. Garfield travels to Greater St. Helens League champions Columbia River.
– Kentwood beat Beamer 31-21 thanks to 185 yards rushing and two touchdowns from Isaiah Williams and will host Bellarmine Prep. That means Beamer travels to Wesco No. 2 Kamiak.
– Skyline had a big night offensively in a 40-10 win over rival Eastlake, but more importantly, wrapped up the No. 2 seed from KingCo and secured a home game against Skyview. Eastlake has to hit the road with the No. 4 seed and plays at Emerald Ridge.
– Gig Harbor rolled over Bellarmine Prep 49-0 to grab a No. 1 seed and will host Kent-Meridian.
– Puyallup beat Rogers 35-0 to help send Bethel to the playoffs.
– Union beat Skyview 21-17 to clinch second in the Greater St. Helens League and secure a home game against Curtis. Skyview travels to Skyline.
– University beat Central Valley 35-23, its first win over the Bears in a decade. The University win also dashed Central Valley’s playoffs hopes.