Well, it isn’t technically the state playoffs (we have to get to the bracket next week first), but we’ve arrived at the week 10 matchups. And, call me crazy, but I’m using the term playoffs.
A reminder that Sandy Ringer will be taking a brief respite from football this weekend to cover volleyball and I’ll be at the state cross country meet in lieu of gridiron coverage.
– Matt Massey will be in Sammamish for Skyview at Skyline, Terry Wood will be watching the Beamer at Kamiak game, Doug Drowley will report from the Kennedy at Oak Harbor matchup and KJ Hiramoto, one of our news assistants, will be at Memorial Stadium to take in O’Dea and Kelso.
– Matt will be reporting our Game of the Week on Saturday, Central Kitsap at Roosevelt.
– Eastlake at Emerald Ridge will be broadcast live on 1180 AM at 6:45 p.m.
– Seattle Prep at Marysville-Pilchuck will be broadcast live on 1380 AM at 7 p.m.
– Bellarmine Prep at Kentwood is among The News Tribune’s games to watch. The staff pick is Kentwood 28-14.
– The News Tribune also has this story about a pair of small defensive linemen for Emerald Ridge, a fun read from a tall scribe, TJ Cotterill. (Seems kind of mean in that context, huh? Just kidding, TJ.)
– The Columbian will be providing live updates for its local teams here.
– The Columbian writes about the receiving threats Columbia River has at its disposal. Garfield travels south to face Columbia River on Saturday.
– The Daily News has these capsules to preview local playoff games.
– The Herald writes about Meadowdale senior running back Malik Braxton. The Mavericks host Auburn tonight.
– You can catch the Walla Walla-Gonzaga Prep game live on SWX at 6 p.m.