I’ve got a great tip for you: Bundle up and then bundle up and then put on some more layers. My phone (which is never wrong … ha!) claims it will be 36 degrees at 7 p.m. tonight. It’s also says it’s 43 degrees right now and I’m freezing. So bundle up.
Or, conversely, you can sit on your couch with the warm beverage of your choice and follow along with the first round of the state playoffs. How would you do that? Great question, and read on.
– Terry Wood will be covering Eastlake at Bothell (remember, Bothell is without Sam McPherson due to a torn ACL), Pam London will be Memorial Stadium for Meadowdale-Eastside Catholic and I’ll be at the Game of the Week at Federal Way Memorial Stadium where Federal Way will host Union in a much-anticipated rematch.
– I’ll be up north on Saturday to cover Newport-Lake Stevens. (Also, check online and in the paper for a short recap from Auburn Mountainview at Shadle Park, I’ll be talking to coach Jared Gervais afterward by phone.)
– O’Dea at Lincoln will be broadcast live on 1180 AM at 6:45 p.m.
– Mountlake Terrace at Marysville-Pilchuck will be broadcast live on 1380 at 7 p.m.
– The News Tribune has four games to watch, and picks Gig Harbor over Graham-Kapowsin and O’Dea over Lincoln.
– The News Tribune also has this story about talented Graham-Kapowsin offensive lineman Foster Sarell.
– The Herald dives into Mountlake Terrace’s historic season.
– Keep track of games in the Vancouver area with The Columbian.
– The Columbian has this story about Camas linebacker Gabe Lopes.
– NW Preps Now has this roundup of playoff games concerning teams on the east side of the state, some with local ties.