And then there were eight (or 48). We have three more weekends of football left this season and we continue the process of whittling down the teams starting tonight with quarterfinal matchups. Here’s how to keep track.
(The soccer semifinals and finals are this weekend, so make sure to follow along for complete coverage.)
– I’ll be covering No. 6 Peninsula at No. 1 Bellevue tonight at 7 p.m.
– I also will be covering the early game on Saturday, as Bothell visits Bellarmine Prep at 1 p.m., while Doug Drowley has the Eastside Catholic at Lincoln game and Sandy Ringer will be at the Federal Way at Newport contest at 7 p.m.
– NW Preps Now will be televising Shadle Park at Mt. Spokane.
– The News Tribune picks Bothell, Bellevue and Eastside Catholic in close contests, among others.
– Can Jordan Kitna become the third quarterback in state history to hit the 60-touchdown mark? TJ Cotterill of The News Tribune looks at the Lincoln signal-caller’s success and examines his receiving threats.
– Meg Wochnik of The Olympian looks at top-ranked Tumwater’s fullback, Ian Saner, who also happens to be a painter and the student-body president.
– Big plays are what’s driving Marysville-Pilchuck, writes David Krueger of The Herald.
– Receiver/running back Ryan Fransen leads King’s into the quarterfinals, writes David Krueger of The Herald.
– Get your 2B fix in by following Kevin Dowd of The Daily News, who will be covering the North Beach at Toledo game Saturday at 1 p.m.