Junior tailback Deontae Cooper, making a comeback from his third ACL injury, scored on a 7-yard touchdown for the No. 2 offense during Washington’s first scrimmage of fall camp Tuesday afternoon inside Husky Stadium.
Playing mostly against the No. 1 defense, Cooper finished with seven carries for about 29 yards (not official stats). He made linebacker Shaq Thompson miss in open space on one play.
The No. 1 offense, led by senior QB Keith Price, went three-and-out in its two series against the No. 2 defense, and but Price and Co. got going after that, scoring its first touchdown on a 5-yard run by Bishop Sankey. Sankey had 10 carries for roughly 45 yards and touchdown runs of 5 and 3 yards.
Price, playing without TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, connected with Kasen Williams for three straight completions for about 49 yards during one series.
A few highlights:
– True freshman receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow reaching over senior cornerback Greg Ducre to haul in a Cyler Miles touchdown pass during the No. 2 offense’s first possession against the No. 1 defense.
– Sophomore Marvin Hall returning a kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown.
– True freshman John Ross returning a punt some 50 yards, cutting and weaving around seemingly everyone on the field.
– During a third-down situational drill, DE Hau’oli Jamora diving to haul in an interception after DT Danny Shelton tipped the Price pass at the line.
– LB Jamaal Kearse tipping a Miles pass and hauling in the interception as he was falling.
– WR Antavius Sims diving to grab a touchdown pass from QB Troy Williams in the back of the end zone for the No. 3 offense.
Notes: WR DiAndre Campbell did not participate, nor did OL Erik Kohler, who was still wearing a boot on his left foot.