And they’re off.
About 71 players are expected to suit up for the Huskies’ first workout of the spring, and the first practice of the Chris Petersen era, at 8 o’clock this morning.
I’m brewing coffee now, and heading out the door shortly. Spring practices are open to the media but closed to the general public. I’ll try to post a few updates during practice on Twitter, and then the usual practice notes, quotes and videos here afterward.
For now, some links:
- Our roundup from Petersen’s Monday press conference, leading with the continued suspensions of Cyler Miles and Damore’ea Stringfellow.
- Petersen is ready for an “ugly” spring.
- After the NFL combine, Bishop Sankey rises to the top of NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock‘s list of top running backs for the draft. Austin Seferian-Jenkins remains Mayock’s No. 2 tight end.
- QB recruit Brett Rypien of Spokane’s Shadle Park has picked up an offer from Arizona State, and says he will decide in April between Washington State, Washington, Boise State, Oregon State and others.
- The NCAA will allow widespread use of eight-man officiating crews (up from a regular crew of seven).
— Tim Socha (@coachtimsocha) March 4, 2014
Good effort here: