- Our notebook from UW’s second spring practice on Thursday, with items on Shaq Thompson at running back and the return of Andrew Hudson and DiAndre Campbell.
- I joined the Steve Sandmeyer Show to chat about the Huskies on Thursday afternoon. Here’s the podcast (you can find my segment at the start of hour 2).
- More practice notes from The News Tribune.
- The ESPN Pac-12 blog previews conference cornerbacks this spring.
- Bishop Sankey is one of the NFL prospects to be featured in a new ESPN series called Draft Academy, set to debut April 22.
- One of the nation’s top quarterback recruits, Jake Browning out of Folsom, Calif., tweeted Thursday that he was “en route to UW.” As a junior in 2013, the 6-foot-2, 202-pound Browning threw for a state-record 75 touchdowns and was named the California Gatorade Player of the Year. He’s ranked as the No. 7 QB recruit in the nation by Scout.
Programming note: I’ll be helping out this afternoon at the Pac-12 women’s basketball tournament at KeyArena, so barring any breaking news, it’ll likely be quiet on the blog here the rest of the day. Huskies are back at it at 10:30 a.m. Saturday for practice No. 3 of spring.