Happy Monday, everyone.
This is the final week of spring ball for the Huskies, with practices Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. and Thursday at 7:15 p.m. The Spring Preview at Husky Stadium is scheduled for 1 o’clock Saturday. Again, it sounds like Saturday’s final workout will include some live scrimmaging, but much of it will probably look like the typical practice this spring, with a lot of positional drills and teaching periods.
I’ll host a live chat at noon Thursday to preview the Preview.
- There’s little doubt that the NFL awaits Danny Shelton. Before that, he’s hoping for a big senior season with a new number — 55, to honor his late brother.
- Despite a loss Sunday, UW baseball (24-7-1, 12-3) holds a one-game lead over Oregon State at the midway point of the conference season. What a year for the Huskies.
- At Arizona, senior Jesse Scroggins was the starting quarterback for the Wildcats’ spring game, but there isn’t much clarity at the position yet.
- Stanford’s defense created four turnovers in a dominant performance in its spring game.
- Colorado redshirt freshman receiver Bryce Bobo had a big spring game, emerging as the favorite to take over for departed star Paul Richardson.
- Oregon State QB Luke Del Rio, a transfer from Alabama, says there is “actually not as big of a difference as people think” between the two programs.