April 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Catching up on some links:
- Well, this is early: The Huskies are a 21.5-point favorite over Hawaii in the season opener.
- Bishop Sankey still sees the value in running backs for the NFL.
- More on the NCAA board of directors endorsing autonomy for the Power 5 conferences. As part of this, athletes are expected to be eligible for better insurance policies.
- UCLA’s Myles Jack is believed to be the first sophomore to take out an insurance policy in excess of $5 million.
- WSU has landed a four-star quarterback recruit of its own.
- And Oregon got a commitment from a five-star running back out of Georgia.
- The Utah student government has voted to change the school’s controversial fight song.
- The first-place Huskies host Washington State this weekend in a key Pac-12 baseball series.