May 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Good morning, folks. A few links:
- It’s been a busy few weeks for Lake Stevens’ Jacob Eason, a top quarterback recruit for the Class of 2016. Eason was at a Texas Elite 11 camp last week, and he tweeted this morning that he has picked up an offer from Alabama. Eason, listed by Scout as 6 feet 5, 205 pounds, was a regular at Washington practices this spring, often throwing on the sideline with some buddies.
— Jacob Eason (@skinnyqb10) May 5, 2014
- Bud Withers continues his Pac-12 spring wrapup with Arizona and Arizona State.
- Athlon wonders whether Chris Petersen or Steve Sarkisian will have a better season in 2014.
- There will be fewer bowl games on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day next season.
- This game could’ve been played at Husky Stadium: UW baseball completed its series sweep at Utah with a 21-17 victory on Sunday — after blowing a 10-1 lead. The Huskies (32-11, 19-5 Pac-12), who remain in a virtual tie with Oregon State atop the Pac-12, are up to No. 6 in the Baseball America poll today.