- Caught up with Austin Seferian-Jenkins on Monday afternoon after he worked out at UW. He says his surgically repaired left foot is 100 percent now, and he recently spent more than two weeks on the East Coast visiting NFL teams. Where will he end up? Of course, he would love to hear his name called in the first round of the NFL Draft Thursday night — and at least one draft analyst believes that will be the case — but he will be happy with wherever he goes.
“First, fourth, fifth, sixth — it doesn’t matter where I go. I’m just very honored that a team would take a chance on me,” he said. “It’s what you do once you get there. I’m ready to play football. Wherever I go, I’m going to make that team, that tight end room, that offense better. Let’s go to the playoffs and win Super Bowls.”
- More on ASJ from NFL.com.
- Bishop Sankey, a ‘poor man’s Emmitt Smith“?
- UW baseball rallied for an 8-7 victory at home over Grand Canyon on Monday.
- Bud Withers continues his Pac-12 spring wrapup with Utah.
- There’s plenty for Pac-12 coaches and ADs to hash out together this week in Phoenix.
- Some disturbing allegations against three Oregon basketball players.
- Withers on the strange timing of Oregon State’s firing of Craig Robinson.
- Could Ben Howland resurface at Oregon State? I covered the Beavers’ search for a new coach six years ago — which led to the surprise hiring of Robinson — and it’ll be interesting to see what kind of coach they’ll be able to lure to Corvallis … in May.