May 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Good morning, folks.
- Wrapping up The Times’ coverage of the NFL draft and looking ahead for the Seahawks.
- Keith Price watched the NFL draft in frustration, but was glad to sign with the Seahawks as a free agent. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Tampa Bay) and Bishop Sankey (Tennessee) found new homes in the second round, and three other former UW players signed as free agents: Greg Ducre (San Diego), Kevin Smith (Arizona) and Travis Coons (Tennessee). Still no word on safety Sean Parker.
- The Huskies are ranked No. 24 in Athlon’s preseason top 25.
- The UW softball team will open the postseason at home for the fifth straight season, hosting Iona to open regional play on Thursday.
- UW baseball swept Bethune-Cookman at home over the weekend. The No. 6 Huskies, who have won seven in a row, play Seattle on Tuesday before heading to Corvallis for a pivotal series against No. 2 Oregon State that could decide the Pac-12 championship.