- Shaq Thompson gets some love on one of Phil Steele’s four preseason all-America teams.
- Here’s a Q&A with Chris Petersen for the UW alumni magazine.
- Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News with a quick big-picture look at the NCAA and the Ed O’Bannon case, which is scheduled to begin next week in Oakland.
- UCLA continued to beef up its future schedules.
- The ESPN Pac-12 bloggers continued their series on “key stretches” with UW. Their pick for the Huskies was the final three games: at Arizona, vs. Oregon State and at WSU. It’ll be important to finish Petersen’s first year well, no doubt. I tend to think that Stanford-Cal-Oregon stretch will be more defining of this team, which we all expect to be 4-0 heading into the Pac-12 showdown at home against Stanford. Go 2-1 (or better) in that stretch, and this season could head off into another stratosphere.
UW’s 2014 schedule:
Aug. 30: at Hawaii, 5 p.m. (CBS Sports Net)
Sept. 6: vs. Eastern Washington, noon (Pac-12 Net)
Sept. 13: vs. Illinois, 1 p.m. (Fox Sports)
Sept. 20: vs. Georgia State
Sept. 27: vs. Stanford
Oct. 4: Bye
Oct. 11: at Cal
Oct. 18: at Oregon
Oct. 25: vs. Arizona State
Nov. 1: at Colorado
Nov. 8: vs. UCLA
Nov. 15: at Arizona
Nov. 22: vs. Oregon State
Nov. 29: at Washington State