Well, it’s list season — you know, that time of year when everyone tends to rank everything under the sun (even if it’s a gray day here). It can be a bit arbitrary. But when it comes to lists, it’s probably better to be on the list than to be, uh, listless.
So, even though he has yet to coach at game for your Huskies, consider Chris Petersen‘s inclusion on this list of the top 14 college football as a nice compliment. The buzz continues to build about this program, and that’s certainly not a bad thing.
Petersen comes in ranked No. 2, behind only Nick Saban. Pretty good company there.
Stanford’s David Shaw and Oregon State’s Mike Riley also make the top-14 list.
- Shaq Thompson joins Athlon’s preseason all-America first team, with Danny Shelton listed on the third team.
- Oh hey, another list: Is the gap between the SEC and the Pac-12 shrinking?
- Ranking the teams with the most difficult nonconference schedule this year (you won’t find UW here, I promise).
- A look at how Vegas creates its college football point spreads.
- Bob Stoops is set to become college football’s newest $5 million coach.
As of June 23, teams that I would classify as "surprise" teams would be: LSU, A&M, Penn St, Minnesota, UNC, L'ville, Washington,
— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) June 23, 2014
Looks like I'm gonna be 88 next year!
— Drew Sample (@drewcal) June 23, 2014