Happy Monday, folks.
Catching up on some links:
- This ESPN insider story lists the Huskies as a “sleeper” in the Pac-12. From ESPN’s Brad Edwards:
The Huskies are, however, in a good place from a coaching standpoint, something that can very rarely be said after the previous head coach leaves for a higher-profile program. In fact, you could make a good argument that Chris Petersen is an upgrade from Steve Sarkisian. Petersen has accomplished much more as a head coach and is considered by many as one of the 10 best coaches in the game. For whatever it’s worth, Petersen went 13-0 and won the Fiesta Bowl in his first season at Boise State.
- I joined Softy on Friday to talk about the Huskies before Pac-12 media days this week.
- Good stuff, as usual, from Bud Withers, who “sheepishly” offers up his Pac-12 predictions. I’ll post my Pac-12 predictions on Tuesday before heading down to L.A., but I let the cat (dawg?) out of the bag with Softy when I mentioned I have the Huskies second in the North. I’ll expand on that Tuesday.
- Video of Rick Neuheisel going “Under Center” with Stanford’s Kevin Hogan.
- Oregon State is No. 52 in the USA Today college football countdown, and it sounds like Sean Mannion might be headed toward first-round territory.
- Lake Stevens’ Jacob Eason is Georgia’s most celebrated quarterback recruit since Matt Stafford.
Lakes four-star DE Benning Potoae said his top three right now is Oregon, UCLA and Washington but is "committed to Lakes HS" right now…
— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) July 20, 2014