The Huskies begin their first fall-camp practice at 10 a.m. today, and first-year coach Chris Petersen has started from the ground up to build the program in his vision. For him, no detail is too small. Not even sunflower seeds.
The biggest question, of course, entering fall camp is who will start at quarterback. Cyler Miles, after missing all of spring ball, will practice for the first time with the new staff today — but in the 4 o’clock practice with the newcomers. Miles will share reps with freshman K.J. Carta-Samuels.
In the morning, Troy Williams and Jeff Lindquist will share reps. They enter camp dead-even in the race to start in the season opener at Hawaii on Aug. 30 — just 26 days away.
A few more links:
- Video and quotes from Petersen’s press conference Sunday.
- Petersen announced he has dismissed one defensive lineman and added another.
- From Tacoma’s John McGrath: The Huskies may be up to the trick under Petersen.
- From Art Thiel: UW’s starting QB remains a mystery.
- A fall camp primer from the UW Daily.