[do action=”cinesport” url=”http://cinesport.seattletimes.com/inline/3718110603001/”/]
The Huskies are back out on the practice field at 10 a.m. today for their second full-squad workout. On Friday, they’ll head off site to an unknown location for a practice that’s closed to the media and public.
Saturday’s 10 a.m. practice back at Husky Stadium will be the first open to the public.
- Cyler Miles apologized Wednesday, after taking snaps with the first-string offense.
- The defense was in control at Wednesday’s practice.
- Bud Withers ranks each Pac-12 team’s nonconference schedule and, no surprises, the Huskies’ is ranked No. 12.
- A big day in the NCAA, which is expected today to vote in favor of giving the Power Five conference autonomy. Some Big Ten coaches hope that’s the first step to significant change.
- Interesting comments from Kansas State’s veteran coach, Bill Snyder, who says universities have “sold out.”
- UW’s first opponent, Hawaii, has lost its third receiver in the past two weeks. Freshman Devan Stubblefield, who tore his ACL, was expected to be a starter.
- Funny story about how UCLA got its new punter.
— Pabail S. Sidhu (@Pabail) August 7, 2014