The Huskies will host their second practice open to the public at 4:30 p.m. today at Husky Stadium, with a Picture Day-style event scheduled right after that on the field (around 6:15 p.m.).
- Here’s a nice read from Percy Allen on junior CB Marcus Peters, a self-described introvert who has emerged as a leader for the young UW secondary.
- Some notes from the Huskies’ light practice on Tuesday evening.
- The state’s top recruit for 2016 has made a verbal commitment to the Huskies.
- Christian Caple takes a look at the depth on the defensive line.
- From the UW Daily: Brandon Beaver is establishing himself at free safety.
- Grantland analyzes the numbers of coaches at a new program, which suggest that Chris Petersen has an uphill climb at UW.
- Hawaii’s Norm Chow has named sophomore Ikaika Woolsey the starter against the Huskies on Aug. 30. Woolsey made two starts for the Rainbow Warriors last year.
- Illinois, which comes to Husky Stadium on Sept. 13, is still mulling its quarterback options.
- Meanwhile, at Colorado, Tacoma native Sefo Liufau is ready to take charge as a sophomore.
Rookie TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins says he's not satisfied with his play yet but, man, he seems to catch every pass thrown near him.
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) August 12, 2014