It was a cool scene on the field at Husky Stadium after Wednesday’s UW practice, with fans lining up to meet and take pictures with players and coaches on Picture Day.
Sophomore QB Jeff Lindquist said he was going enjoy the interaction.
“I was one of those kids once,” said Lindquist, a Mercer Island product. “So it’s fun to get out here and try do something that other guys did for me when I was little.”
— Jerryg (@JerryG95) August 14, 2014
The Huskies, after practicing twice on Wednesday, are scheduled to be off today. They’re again scheduled to head off-site for a closed practice on Friday, and fall camp comes to a close on Saturday with a scrimmage scheduled for 3 p.m. at Husky Stadium. That is open to the public — your last chance to check out the team before the Aug. 30 opener at Hawaii.
Starting Monday, practices will be closed to the media and public for the remainder of the season.
We’ll have a few things to post here before Saturday, but it’ll be relatively quiet on the blog until that final open scrimmage.
For now, a few links:
- Here’s Percy Allen on UW’s linebackers, who set the tone for the defense’s dominant performance in Monday’s scrimmage.
- Some good nuggets from Percy on Wednesday’s practice.
- Great perspective here from Bud Withers, who writes that “college athletics will never be the same.”
- The Huskies are No. 23 in USA Today’s college football countdown.
- Headline: The Austin Seferian-Jenkins hype is real.