Shane Bowman, Budda Baker and, now, Henry Roberts.
Chris Petersen and his staff have landed three top recruits out of powerhouse Bellevue High in their first nine months on the job. Roberts’ commitment Wednesday night is the latest and one of the most important in this recruiting cycle for the Huskies.
“It feels so awesome,” Roberts told The Times’ Josh Liebeskind. “I always knew I was going to be a Husky. With Coach (Petersen) coming to UW, I knew it was the place for me. Just his personality … all the coaches, they’re so hands on, helping kids learn. They care a lot for their kids.”
- Another one of the state’s top recruits, O’Dea running back Myles Gaskin — who committed to UW earlier this year — is described as “the hardest worker out here, he’s got a great understanding of the game and he’s a great team guy.”
- Here’s an update on the Huskies’ quarterback recruit for 2015, Jake Browning.
- The Huskies say they’re reenergized on offense this week with Cyler Miles running the show.
- Eastern Washington is not in awe of the Huskies.
- Bud Withers‘ entertaining Pac-12 “Prankings” … with USC at No. 1 this week.
- A look at this week’s Pac-12 matchups by the numbers.