September 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM
A few notable numbers and stats in the wake of Washington’s 59-52 win over Eastern Washington, courtesy of the UW sports information staff:
- Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. set the UW opponent record with seven touchdown passes (and also an EWU record). His 475 passing yards were the fourth-most allowed by UW (and also an EWU record).
- The Huskies gained 361 yards (356 net). The seven rushing touchdowns ties for second most ever in a single game. It was done in four other games, most recently at Oregon State last season. The record is eight against Oregon in 1951.
- UW’s 59 points ties for sixth most in UW history (since 1945). UW scored 59 or more twice last season, including a record 69 at Oregon State, a game in which Cyler Miles made his first career start.
- Danny Shelton is the fifth player in UW history to collect four or more sacks in a game. His four sacks are the most since Martin Harrison had four against Oregon State in 1989. Mark Stewart (1982 vs. UCLA) and Ron Holmes (1983 vs. Navy) are tied with the most with five.
- The 111 combined points are the third most in school history and the most since 123 scored in the 2011 Alamo Bowl (Baylor won, 67-56).