Sunday links the day after the Huskies’ 59-52 victory over Eastern Washington:
- Cyler Miles led the way in UW’s wild win, but plenty of questions were raised about the defense.
- From Larry Stone: EWU turns a potential blowout into a shootout.
- From Jerry Brewer: The Petersen era has begun with consecutive wins and consecutive head-scratchers.
- Notebook: Benching Marcus Peters was an “easy” decision for Petersen.
- The Seattle Times photo gallery from Saturday’s game.
- From The News Tribune’s Christian Caple: There’s one big caveat for UW after this win.
- From The UW Daily’s Daniel Rubens: This one resembled a track meet.
- Art Thiel of SportsPress NW: UW’s win as mindless as reality TV.
[do action=”cinesport” url=”http://cinesport.seattletimes.com/inline/embed_483/”/]
- Illinois rallied for a 42-34 victory over Western Kentucky. Illinois comes to Husky Stadium on Saturday.
- Steve Sarkisian and USC beat Stanford, 13-10.
- UCLA held off a late charge by Memphis.
- Oregon blows past Michigan State in the second half.
— Shaq Thompson (@ST7_ERA) September 7, 2014