Sunday links (with my AP Top 25 ballot at the bottom):
- Game story: UW avoids the big upset. Chris Petersen is upset anyway.
- Notebook: Dante Pettis‘ big punt returns helped spark the Huskies’ second-half rally. Plus items on John Ross III and Joe Mathis.
- Percy Allen: Marcus Peters returned from his suspension to lead the UW secondary.
- Jerry Brewer: Huskies don’t appear ready for Pac-12 play.
- From Tacoma’s Christian Caple: Petersen doesn’t hide his frustrations.
- From the AP’s Curtis Crabtree: Huskies finally wake up in the second half.
- From The UW Daily: UW did what it was supposed to do, eventually.
- From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Things turned south for Georgia State when its running back left with an apparent knee injury.
- Bud Withers: Cougars come up just short against No. 2 Oregon.
- Arizona’s Hail Mary completed an improbable comeback against Cal.
- Utah gets a big win in the Big House.
- Colorado beat Hawaii, 21-12.
- Willie Lyles is back, and he says he has the NCAA’s blessing.
— Pac-12 Networks (@Pac12Networks) September 21, 2014
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 21, 2014
.@CollegeGameDay not coming to Seattle for UW-Stanford. Light lineup this week, but Mizzou at South Carolina makes sense.
— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) September 21, 2014
My AP Top 25 ballot this weekend:
1. Florida State
5. Texas A&M
9. Notre Dame
10. Michigan State
11. Ole Miss
14. Arizona State
17. South Carolina
19. Mississippi State
20. Oklahoma State
23. Penn State
24. Ohio State
IN: Miss State