- From Percy Allen: The Huskies lead the nation in sacks through four games, but UW’s defensive line hasn’t faced a line like this. All five of Stanford’s linemen are projected to play in the NFL, and David Shaw thinks three of them could be first-round picks.
- Bud Withers on how the Pac-12 stacks up nationally.
- More on the “phone booth football” matchup from Christian Caple.
- From The UW Daily: Dwayne Washington and Marcus Peters are players to watch for UW this week.
- Shaw on the Huskies: “When you watch Washington at their best, they’re as good as anybody playing right now. They’re scary.”
- Despite a ton of personnel turnover, Stanford’s defense is again stout.
- Ball security was a priority for Stanford during it bye week.
— Washington Huskies (@UWAthletics) September 23, 2014
— Brent Pease (@CoachPease) September 23, 2014
Shaw on preparing for Husky Stadium environment: "We have speakers that will be cranked up all week" in practice.
— Andy Drukarev (@StanfordRivals) September 23, 2014
Stanford coach David Shaw on playing in Seattle: “You can’t count on hearing."
— David Lombardi (@LombardiESPN) September 23, 2014