A reminder that we will have our regular live chat at noon today, even with UW’s bye week.
- The Huskies aren’t panicking as they rally around Cyler Miles.
- Marcus Peters, Shaq Thompson and Danny Shelton are on this list of top 32 NFL prospects.
- Jake Locker says he expects to start for the Titans this week.
- Expect to see more of Bishop Sankey this week for the Titans, too.
- Bud Withers‘ weekly Pac-12 Prankings.
- ESPN.com’s Kevin Gemmell ranks UW’s defense and special teams No. 3 in the Pac-12.
- Can Oregon’s defense be “good enough” this season?
- The case for USC’s Cody Kessler.
My Pac-12 Week 6 picks:
Arizona at Oregon (7:30 p.m. today, ESPN): The Wildcats, at 4-0, are one of the surprises in the Pac-12, but it’s hard to imagine them pulling off the upset this time in Eugene. The pick: Oregon 42, Arizona 31.
Stanford at Notre Dame (12:30 p.m. Saturday, NBC): Tough one here. One thing we know isStanford will keep it close. Stanford’s defense is legit, we know, but I’m not convinced its offense can do enough to beat a top-10 team on the road. The pick: Notre Dame 17, Stanford 13.
Oregon State at Colorado (1 p.m. Saturday, Pac-12 Net): The Beavers, are usual, are an enigma. This will be a much better game that many would have expected before the season, but the hunch here is OSU finally figures some things on offense. The pick: Oregon State 34, Colorado 31.
Arizona State at USC (4:30 p.m. Saturday, FOX): Even without Taylor Kelly, presumably, I think the Sun Devils have a shot here. I’ll pick the home team, but I don’t feel confident in that. The pick: USC 38, Arizona State 34.
Utah at UCLA (7:30 p.m. Saturday, ESPN): It feels like the Bruins have turned a corner. The pick: UCLA 45, Utah 21.
Cal at Washington State (7:30 p.m. Saturday, Pac-12 Net): We might see 1,000 yards passing here. Let’s go with the Cougs. Not sure I have a good reason for doing so. The pick: Washington State 49, Cal 42.