Programming note: I’m off to Sacramento this morning and I’ll be out at the Folsom High football game tonight to check out Husky quarterback recruit Jake Browning as he continues his chase for the national touchdown record. I’ll have updates on Browning here on the blog either late tonight or early Saturday morning before heading off to Berkeley on Saturday afternoon.
- Percy Allen caught up with longtime Cal broadcaster Joe Starkey, who says Jared Goff is as good as it gets.
- Five Questions, Five Answers with Cal beat writer Jeff Faraudo.
- Cal’s offense, by the numbers.
- A Cal linebacker has been reinstated after a two-month suspension, and he could play vs. UW.
- It’s been a long wait between road games for the Huskies.
- Bud Withers: Are the Cougars the worst team in the Pac-12?
- There’s some tension between Steve Sarkisian and Oregon State defensive coordinator Mark Banker.
- Already, the pressure is on Justin Wilcox at USC.
- A guide to this weekend’s Pac-12 games.
- Georgia’s Todd Gurley has been suspended indefinitely in an autographs-for-cash controversy.
- UW basketball had its media day on Thursday. Here’s Percy’s story from that. And here’s Jerry Brewer on sophomore point guard Nigel Williams-Goss.