Notes and links the morning after the Huskies’ 38-23 victory at Colorado:
- Game story: Shaq Thompson‘s big day and Cyler Miles‘ return lead UW offense in comeback victory.
- Larry Stone: Get used to Thompson at running back, even if he would prefer to play on the other side of the field.
- In his breakout game, freshman Dante Pettis scored the first two TDs of his UW career.
- Notebook: Travis Feeney scored the Huskies’ seventh defensive touchdown of the season. “Finally,” he said, “I caught the ball.”
- From Christian Caple: The Buffs couldn’t slow down Thompson.
- From The UW Daily: The Huskies had a feeling Pettis’ breakthrough was coming.
- Game highlights from Bob Rondeau.
- Helmet sticker for Thompson.
- Colorado again couldn’t finish.”When I came here, this was the worst BCS program in the country, but we’re moving our way up,” second-year Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre said. “We are in fourth quarters. We are in football games, and we’re going to win some of them. I don’t look at this like the world is coming to an end. I look at this as an opportunity to improve.”
- A sad ending for Connor Halliday’s WSU career.
- UCLA’s defense stifled Arizona in a 17-7 victory in the Rose Bowl.
- With the win, UCLA still has a shot at the Pac-12 South title.
- Arizona State edged Utah in overtime.
- Oregon erased its Stanford nightmares.
- Cal rallied for a 45-31 win at Oregon State.
Congrats to my bro Kikaha breaking UW sack Record #RealMonster
— Shaq Thompson (@ShaqThompson_7) November 2, 2014
— Washington Huskies (@UWAthletics) November 1, 2014