UW senior Hau’oli Kikaha, who leads the nation in sacks (17.5) and tackles for loss (23.5), has been named one of five finalists for the Butkus Award, presented to the nation’s top linebacker. He is joined by UCLA’s Eric Kendricks, Miami’s Denzel Perryman, Michigan’s Jake Ryan and Notre Dame’s Jaylon Smith.
A few links to kick off Apple Cup week:
- Cyler Miles had his most efficient performance of the season against Oregon State, and so did the UW offense.
- Bud Withers recaps the weekend around the Pac-12.
- The Huskies opened as a 4-point favorite over WSU.
- WSU seniors have a chance to join an exclusive club in the Apple Cup.
- Shaq Thompson, Danny Shelton and Marcus Peters all remain in the first round in this NFL mock draft.
- Shawn Kemp Jr. led the Huskies past Pacific on Sunday night.
- Greg Ducre had his first NFL interception for the other Washington on Sunday, against Colin Kaepernick. ““I feel like my whole life, I’ve been an underdog,” Ducre said. “I always have to wait in line and wait for my chance to come. When that chance comes, they always say take it and run with it.”
Did you know? Cyler Miles' comp. pct. of .671 is best in school history and his pass efficiency of 146.48 ranks No. 4 all-time at UW?
— UW Football (@UW_Football) November 23, 2014