December 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM
- Chico McClatcher‘s commitment highlighted a big recruiting weekend for the Huskies, who also got a commitment Sunday evening from junior-college safety Ezekiel Turner. Linebacker Kyler Manu (Pocatello, Idaho) and tight end Michael Neal (Etiwanda, Calif.), both of whom have already made verbal commitments to the Huskies, joined McClatcher on their official visits to UW.
- The Huskies are up to No. 27 in the Scout.com team rankings and 28 in the 247sports.com rankings for 2015.
- Jake Browning, UW’s quarterback signee for 2015, led Folsom to a victory over Grant on Friday for the Northern California championship. Browning will now lead Folsom (15-0) against Oceanside (14-0) in the CIF State D-I championship game on Friday.
- Hau’oli Kikaha was in Southern California over the weekend for the Lott IMPACT Trophy ceremony. UCLA’s Eric Kendricks won the award Sunday night.
- Jake Locker‘s tough luck continued in Nashville. The former Husky QB, back in the starting lineup for the Titans, separated his shoulder in the first half Sunday.
- Chris Polk had two carries … and two touchdowns in the Eagles’ loss to the Cowboys.
- The 17th-ranked UW men remained undefeated with a comeback victory over Eastern Washington on Sunday night.
- The UW women, meanwhile, improved to 8-1 with a victory over Grambling State.