December 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM
- Jimmy Lake, with perhaps one of the toughest coaching jobs in college football this year, has led the turnaround for UW’s young secondary.
- Bud Withers concludes that, even if the Huskies get to a ninth win on Friday, it’s only a “reasonable” start to Chris Petersen‘s UW tenure.
- The Idaho Statesman caught up with Petersen, who said it’s been a “challenging” first year at UW.
- Sports Illustrated projects Shaq Thompson as a top-10 pick in the NFL draft. (Thompson said recently that he has not made a formal decision on whether to skip his senior season and enter the draft.)
- From Christian Caple: UW sophomore Joe Mathis says he’s grown up and is more coachable now.
- USC defensive lineman Leonard Williams has declared for the NFL draft.
- Utah’s AD has tried to quiet rumors about Kyle Whittingham‘s future, but it’s gotten messy in Salt Lake City.
- The UW women shocked No. 5 Texas A&M, 70-49, on Monday night.
— Jacob Thorpe (@JacobThorpeSR) December 30, 2014