- Danny Shelton is “the guy to watch” during Senior Bowl practices this week. You can see the reaction (below) from media types in attendance at players’ weigh ins this morning in Mobile, Ala. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah lists Shelton as the No. 5 overall prospect on his board (with Marcus Peters No. 31 and Shaq Thompson No. 42).
- Shelton’s good friend, Hau’oli Kikaha, is the other Husky participating in the Senior Bowl. He weighed in at 6-2, 246 pounds. I know he’s been pushing to get up to 250.
- The Senior Bowl, by the way, is scheduled for a 1 o’clock kickoff Saturday on the NFL Network.
- Thompson and Peters were both officially granted draft eligibility by the NFL on Monday. They were among the 84 early entrants.
- The UW offense gets a “D” grade from the ESPN Pac-12 bloggers.
- The UW Dawg Pound reviews the secondary.
- An early (December) signing period has formally been proposed for college football. Could be interesting if it passes. Chris Petersen has said this is something he favors.
Washington DT Danny Shelton checks in at 6-1, 343. And he can move at that size. Gentlemen, start your double teams.
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) January 20, 2015
Washington NT Danny Shelton, whom many believe will be 1st Senior Bowl player drafted, weighs in at 343 and pumps his fist.
— Andrew Gribble (@Andrew_Gribble) January 20, 2015
343-pound Danny Shelton finishing with 93 tackles is probably college football's stat of the season. If only he scored a touchdown.
— Matt Brown (@MattBrownCFB) January 20, 2015
DT Danny Shelton 6016 343 – Drew some "woahs" with his size.
— Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) January 20, 2015
Watching Hau'oli Kikaha (EDGE – Washington) next. Whew, he blasted this C. https://t.co/btQqvlmBKE
— Joe G (@JoeGoodberry) January 19, 2015
— Brent Pease (@CoachPease) January 20, 2015