Four-star running back Chris Warren out of Rockwall, Texas, made his official visit to UW over the weekend and on Sunday reaffirmed plans (via Twitter) to announce his college choice early on national signing day Wednesday.
Warren’s four finalists are Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and UW. His father of the same name, a former Seahawks great, told USA Today he isn’t sure which way his son his leaning either.
The Huskies, with 24 known recruits committed, are holding their final spot in this recruiting class for Warren. The class is ranked third in the Pac-12 and No. 19 overall in the nation by Scout.com and 23rd nationally by 247sports.com.
I have the utmost respect for the coaches that I have come in contact with these past couple of weeks, I really appreciate your hospitality
— Chris Warren III (@ScorealldayCW25) February 1, 2015
Catching up on links:
- The UW men lost to Cal on a last-second shot Sunday.
- Jake Browning was one of three quarterbacks named to the Parade Magazine All-America first team.
- Danny Shelton is writing a draft diary for FOX Sports. Here’s his first entry.
- Big Sky coaches weigh in on Vernon Adams‘ potential jump “up” from Eastern Washington to Oregon.
- Fun story on how coaches are using Twitter in recruiting.
John Clark, a defensive lineman from Marysville Getchell High School, announced Sunday that he would walk-on at UW:
— John Clark (@John_Clark42) February 1, 2015
Tough loss today but so grateful for the opportunity and so appreciative of my teammates. This team is special and blessed to be apart of it
— Jermaine Kearse (@chopchop_15) February 2, 2015
That Jermaine Kearse catch was going to be one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. Now I can barely remember it.
— Percy Allen (@percyallen) February 2, 2015