Venture capital funding reached a seven-year high last year. That’s one sign that companies are going from dream to shoestring to angel investments to the VC pipeline.
No wonder Seattle was named the third best city for startups in the world in 2012. We’ve got talent, money, technology and low taxes (although not for low-income earners) — plus a beautiful natural setting.
Where do you fit in Seattle’s startup ecosystem?
This Week’s Links:
• Ocean life faces mass extinction, broad study finds | NY Times
• The dangerous underestimation of climate-change’s cost | The Atlantic
• Job shifts under Obama: fewer government workers, more care givers, servers and temps | Pew Research Center
• The Republican strategy to repeal Dodd-Frank | The Baseline Scenario
• Shale oil and gasoline prices | Vox
• Inequality is extremely wasteful | Robert Frank
Today’s Econ Haiku:
Give Bertha a lift
Hope Pioneer Square stays safe
No crane can help that