THIS DAY IN MARINERS HISTORY (July 10):
- 1979 – Rick Honeycutt’s two-hitter led the Mariners to a 5-1 victory over the Yankees in the Kingdome. This was the Mariners low-hit game to date.
- 1993 – Jay Buhner hits a solo HR off Jeremy Hernandez in the bottom of the ninth for a 7-6 win vs. Cleveland.
- 2001 – Safeco Field hosts the All-Star Game. Seattle’s Freddy Garcia gets the win and Kazuhiro Sasaki picks up the save as Baltimore’s Cal Ripken Jr. picks up MVP honors.
- 2010 – Justin Smoak debuts for the Mariners after being acquired in a trade the day before for Cliff Lee, from the Texas Rangers. He went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts.
- 2010 – The Mariners against the New York Yankees become the first Major League Baseball game to be broadcast in 3D. Tomorrow’s game is as well going to be broadcast in 3D.
- 2013 – David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox recorded his 1,689th hit as a DH to set the MLB record as a DH, breaking Harold Baines’ record.
We obviously trying a different format for the updates with that window. It was Jayson Jenks idea. They use this for the Seahawks game blogs.
[do action=”scribblelive” chatid=”715993″ template=”21025″/]