Class AAA Tacoma
Justin Smoak won the game for the Rainiers with a walk-off sac fly for a 4-3 win over Sacramento. Jesus Montero also homered in the game for Tacoma.
- Video of the Smoak sac fly
- From the report: Jesus Montero is batting .396 (36×91) with 17 runs scored, 8 doubles, 8 home runs, 32 RBI and 6 walks in 24 games in July. C Humberto Quintero has hit safely in 13 of 16 games he has appeared in July, batting .370 (20×54) with 6 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 home run, 6 RBI and 1 walk. INF Nick Franklin is batting .357 (10×28) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 5 RBI, 2 walks and 1 stolen base. C John Hicks has hit safely in 8 of his last 10 games since July 5, batting .333 (13×39) with 6 runs scored, 2 home runs, 5 RBI, 2 walks and 2 stolen bases.
- Taijuan Walker is scheduled to start tonight in Salt Lake City. But it’s raining there.
- Here’s Mike Curto’s daily blog
- Rainiers game notes: GAME INFORMATION_07.29.2014
Class AA Jackson
The Generals banged out three hits in a 8-4 win. Steve Baron, who isn’t know for his offense, went 3-for-4 with a RBI. Brock Hebert, Leon Landry, Patrick Kivlehan had two hits each. Jordy Lara made his AA debut and walked three times.
- DJ Peterson has been out with a sore wrist after getting hit by a ball in the field. But he’s back in the lineup tonight hitting third.
- Game notes and other stuff in Chris Harris’ blog.
- From the report: INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, batting .384 (18×47) with 7 runs scored, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 11 RBI and 4walks. He also has hit safely in 16 of his last 18 games, batting .388 (26×67) with 13 runs scored, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 2 home runs, 16 RBI and 6 walks. Starter Victor Sanchez is 2-0 with a 1.86 ERA (6 ER, 29.0 IP) in 5 starts in July. Duing this stretch he has limited opponents to a .178 (18×101) average, while walking 8 and striking out 23.
Class A High Desert
The Mavs lost 7-2 to Lancaster. Starter Jake Zokan gave up four runs on five hits with three walks and three strikeouts in 3 2/3 innings. Zach Shank had three hits and Travis Witherspoon homered those were the only four hits High Desert got.
- From the report: SS Tyler Smith has hit safely in 11 of his last 14 games, batting .357 (20×56) with 12 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 home runs, 6RBI and 6 walks. RH Andrew Kittredge struck out a career-high 7 batters in 3.1 perfect innings on July 25 at Rancho Cucamonga. He is averaging 12.60 strikeouts per 9.0 innings over 31 relief appearances with High Desert (88 SO/62.2 IP). Ovearall this season he has struck out a career-high 93 batters in 669.2 innings combined between High Desert (88), Jackson (3) and Everett (2) in 35 appearances. He currently ranks 3rd among all Mariners minor league pitchers in strikeouts.
Class A Clinton
The LumberKings were shutout 9-0 by South Bend. Clinton had just seven hits. Aaron Barbosa and Brett Thomas had two hits each in the loss. Starter Eddie Campbell pitched two innings, giving up two runs on four hits with two walks and four strikeouts.
- From the report: Aaron Barbosa has hit safely in 11 of his last 13 games, batting .367 (18×49) with 10 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI, 10 walks and 10 stolen bases. OF Brett Thomas has hit safely in 3 of his last 4 games, batting .462 (6×13) with 2 doubles and 2 walks.
- Game notes: 7.29.14 Clinton game notes
- Edwin Diaz starts tonight for Clinton.
Short A Everett
The Aqua Sox couldn’t hold a 5-3 lead and eventually lost 6-5 to Tri-Cities. Nelson Ward went 3-for-3 with two doubles and two walks and a RBI.
- From the report: OF Austin Cousino has hit safely in 17 of his last 22 games, batting .301 (25×83) with 14 runs scored, 6 doubles, 4 home runs, 14 RBI, 13 walks and 10 stolen bases.
Rookie League Pulaski
The Mariners lost 8-2. Gianfranco Wawoe hit his first professional homer.
- From the report: OF Arby Fields is batting .727 (8×11) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 1 walk and 2 stolen bases during his current 3-game hit streak. OF Estarlyn Morales has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, batting .444 (20×45) with 12 runs scored, 5 doubles, 2 triples, 2 home runs, 13 RBI, 6 walks and 3 stolen bases
Rookie League Arizona
The Mariners picked up a 2-0 win. Three pitchers, including a rehabbing Nick Hill combined for a three-hit shutout. Osmel Morales pitched six scoreless innings, allowing two hits and strikeout seven while walking two.
- From the report: OF Hersin Martinez is batting .333 (7×21) with 3 runs scored, 1 double, 2 home runs, 3 RBI and 1 stolen base in his last 5 games. LH Spencer Hermann has not allowed an earned run in his first 10.2 innings in relief to begin his professional career. He has recorded a win in 3 of 4 relief appearances, while walking 2 and striking out 11. RH Donald Dominguez currently has a 11.1 scoreless inning streak over his last 6 relief appearances. During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .158 (6×38), while walking 2 and striking out 11.
- Alex Jackson still hasn’t played since being struck in the face with a baseball. .
[do action=”custom_iframe” url=”http://www.scribd.com/embeds/235391250/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-y4FKfQJP8tyZBTOllcrV&show_recommendations=true” data-auto-height=”false” data-aspect-ratio=”0.7729220222793488″ scrolling=”no” id=”doc_78091″ width=”100%” height=”600″ frameborder=”0″” width=”630″ height=”500″ scrolling=””/]