Here is today’s Mariners’ minor league round-up, which offers the team’s official minor league report from Kelly Munro that features, notes, stats and box scores. There are also game results on all of the organization’s minor league affiliates that were in action.
Class AAA Tacoma
Stefen Romero had three hits, including a homer, but the Rainiers were still blasted by Fresno, 11-4. Michael Saunders went 1-for-4 with a walk in his first rehab appearance. Starter Matt Palmer gave up six runs on 10 hits in 3 1/3 innings of work
- From the report: C John Hicks has hit safely in 12 of 14 games since being promoted to Tacoma, batting .327 (17×52) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 9 RBI, 2 walks and 1 stolen base. RH Todd Coffey is 4-1 with 6 saves and a 1.37 ERA (4 ER, 26.1 IP) over 26 relief appearances with Tacoma. He has limited opponents to a .183 (17×93) average, while walking 12 and striking out 24. Over his last 18 relief appearances, RH Carson Smith is 1-0 with 6 saves and a 0.78 ERA (2 ER, 23.0 IP). During this 18-game stretch, since June 6, he has limited opponents to a .198 (16×81) average, while walking 7 and striking out 25.
- Game notes: RAINIERS GAME INFORMATION_08.08.2014
Class AA Jackson
The Generals’ ninth inning rally fell a run short in a 3-2 loss to Pensacola. Daniel Paolini homered in the ninth and Ketel Marte had two hits in the game..
- Video of Paolini’s homer
- From the report: SS Ketel Marte currently has a 7-game hit streak, batting .393 (11×28) with 5 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 home run and 4 RBI. INF Patrick Brady has hit safely in his last 9 AA games, batting .314 (11×35) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 home runs, 6 RBI and 1 stolen base. After recording 1 hit in his first 14 AA at-bats (.071), OF Jordy Lara his hit safely in each of his last 6 games, batting .435 (10×23) with 4 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 home run, 7 RBI and 1 walk. Overall Lara is batting .297 (11×37) with 5 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 home run, 7 RBI and 4 walks in 10 games with Jackson. INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 18 of his last 21 games, batting .355 (27×76) with 14 runs scored, 6 doubles, 3 triples, 3 home runs, 15 RBI, 13 walks and 3 stolen bases. He also has hit safely in 23 of his last 27 games (since 7/8), batting .365 (35×96) with 20 runs scored, 7 doubles, 4 triples, 4 home runs, 20 RBI, 15 walks and 3 stolen bases.
- Roster Move: Reinstated from the Disabled List and placed on voluntary retired list: RHP David Colvin. Reinstated from the DL and transferred to High Desert: RHP Matt Anderson
- Game notes: 8.8.14 Game Notes at PNS
Class A High Desert
The Mavs got solid pitching in a 2-1 win over Lake Elsinore. Dylan Unsworth pitched five innings, giving up one run on five hits with a walk and five strikeouts to get the win. Oliver Garcia and Andrew Kittredge combined to pitch four scoreless innings.
- From the report: INF Tyler Smith has recorded 11 multi-hit games over his last 24 games, batting .348 (31×89) with 20 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 13 RBI and 12 walks. RH Andrew Kittredge is averaging 12.92 strikeouts per 9.0 innings over 34 relief appearances with High Desert (100 SO/69.2 IP). Ovearall this season he has struck out a career-high 105 batters in 76.2 innings combined between High Desert (100), Jackson (3) and Everett (2) in 37 appearances. He currently ranks 3rd among all Mariners minor league pitchers in strikeouts.
Class A Clinton
Eddie Campbell pitched 6 2/3 innings, allowing two runs (one earned) on five hits with two walks and six strikeouts. Marcus Littlewood belted his eighth homer of the season and also doubled in the game. The LumberKings got their eighth win in nine games. Justin Seager and Joe DeCarlo each had two hits.
- From the report: C Marcus Littlewood currently has a 14-game hit streak, batting .377 (20×53) with 11 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 10 RBI, 9 walks and 2 stolen bases. OF Chantz Mack has hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games, batting .348 (16×46) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 12 RBI and 3 walks. INF Justin Seager has hit safely in each of his last 11 games, batting .370 (17×46) with 7 runs scored, 1 triple, 1 home run, 9 RBI, 4 walks and 1 stolen base.
- Game notes: 8.8.14 Clinton game notes
Short A Everett
The Aqua Sox picked up a 7-3 win thanks to Adam Martin’s career high five RBIs. Martin homered and hada another hit. Sheehan Plana-Arteaga had three hits and scored three runs. Starter Dan Altavilla pitched five innings and allowed one run on six hits with a walk and two strikeouts.
- From the report: RH Daniel Altavilla is 3-0 with a 2.65 ERA (5 ER, 17.0 IP) in his last 3 starts. INF Sheehan Planas-Arteaga reached base safely in his last 6 games, including hits in 4 contests, batting .474 (9×19) with 9 runs scored, 1 double, 4 RBI and 7 walks. INF Jordan Cowan has hit safely in 5 of his last 6 games, batting .381 (8×21) with 5 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 RBI and 2 walks.
Rookie League Pulaski
The Mariners managed just five hits in a 4-1 loss to Greenville. Arby Fields had two hits with a double and a walk.
- From the report: OF Estarlyn Morales has hit safely in 17 of his last 21 games, batting .395 (30×76) with 18 runs scored, 7 doubles, 2 triples, 4 home runs, 17 RBI, 10 walks and 6 stolen bases. RH Trey Cochran-Gill has allowed only 1 earned run in 24.0 innings in 17 relief appearances, including 15.2 consecutive scoreless innings to begin his career. Overall 3-0 with 8 saves, while limited opponents to a .153 (13×84) average with 2 walks and 30 strikeouts.
Rookie League Arizona
The Mariners picked up a 5-1 win over the AZL Dodgers thanks to five hits and four Dodgers errors. Kavin Keyes had two hits and a RBI. Starter Jeremiah Muhammad pitched three innings, giving up one run on two hits (a solo homer) with two walks and a strikeout. Reliever Osmel Morales picked up the win in relief, going five shutout innings and allowing two hits with 11 strikeouts and one walk.
- From the report: RHP Osmel Morales has not allowed a run in his last 15.0 innings, dating back to July 17 (3 G). INF Erick Mejia has hit safely in 6 of his last 7 games, batting .391 (9×23) with 8 runs scored, 3 triples, 1 home run, 2 RBI, 4 walks and 2 stolen bases. After batting .167 (4×24) over his first 9 games with the Mariners, Mejia has hit safely in 9 of his last 12 games, batting .333 (14×42) with 13 runs scored, 1 double, 3 triples, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 7 walks and 4 stolen bases.
[do action=”custom_iframe” url=”http://www.scribd.com/embeds/236259966/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-PnyFvqAdbuZpeqhWuOS5&show_recommendations=true” data-auto-height=”false” data-aspect-ratio=”0.7729220222793488″ scrolling=”no” id=”doc_79253″ width=”100%” height=”600″ frameborder=”0″” width=”630″ height=”500″ scrolling=””/]