1. Alex and Ani Initial Adjustable Wire Bangle ($28 at Nordstrom). Pick up on the personalized jewelry trend with a piece that will tug at her heartstrings. Start with initials — hers or the kids’ — and, over time, add birthstones, charms and symbols of shared experiences.
2. University Village Gift Box ($50–$100 at participating stores). These gift boxes include a unique assortment of items hand-selected from U Village stores and restaurants. All proceeds from the gift boxes go to the Seattle Ronald McDonald House, where moms have the toughest job of all — caring for a sick child. For more info, visit uvillage.com/mom.
3. O’Shaughnessey Molly Scarf ($238 at osapparel.com). Gig Harbor designer Sara Griot makes luxury equestrian apparel that looks as chic on the street as during show time. This light-as-air cashmere scarf is a stand-out that can be worn showing just its subtle pattern or displaying the bold O’Shaughnessey crest.
4. Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love Cookbook ($25 at booksellers). Moms who love to indulge a sweet tooth will dive into this new cookbook that features the restaurant’s coveted desserts, as well as breads, pastries, pizza, and decorations and other crafts.
5. Apple MacBook ($1,299–$1,599). Boost her processing power with the latest MacBook that’s lighter, thinner, more efficient and now available in that lovely Apple gold.
6. Succulents Arrangement ($67 at Ravenna Gardens, U District). Forgo traditional cut flowers for a long-lasting arrangement of succulents in a chic indoor/outdoor concrete planter.
7. Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Maise Satchel ($298 at Nordstrom). Give Mom ladylike style with this leather structured bag in classic and bright, fun colors. An optional strap lets her wear it crossbody, and interior pockets keep everything in order.
8. Jamie Joseph Ring (starting at $660 at Twist, downtown). Seattle jewelry-maker Jamie Joseph’s rings are simple yet memorable, featuring the natural characteristics of each stone for a one-of-a kind piece.
9. Julep Pedicures ($74 each, or $54 for Maven members). The best gift may be time together. These pampering pedicures are just under an hour, and you get a bottle of lauded Julep Nail Color to take home.
10. Times Signature Collection Framed Photographs ($250–$300 at store.seattletimes.com). The new Signature Collection offers exhibit-quality framed photos from The Seattle Times’ award-winning photojournalists. The photographs are available in two sizes and come signed by the photographer. Use code MOM10 for 10 percent off your order through May 5.
11. REI Family Adventure (starting at $949 per person). From hiking trips in national parks to adventures abroad, REI has trips geared toward the whole family. All are active, educational and made easy, with provided meals and lodging.
12. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Gift Set ($75 at Sephora). Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s Nirvana scents (White or Black) are a modern balance between masculine and feminine. This set includes a full-size eau de parfum spray, portable rollerball and body lotion.
— Sunday Market staff