So if you’re as bored as we are and searching around for gift ideas for the holiday, let us help. Here, for your Black Friday and Cyber Monday consideration, is a list of awesomely awful tech gifts for the 2006 holiday season. Wallets ready? Let’s go!
1. The iPod toilet paper holder. According to the site, this holder “makes it easier for people to listen to beats while using the restroom.” Aw. That’s nice.
2. The fake half suit for teleconferences, aka the “businessbib.” For those days when you can’t bother to get out of the T-shirt and sweats you’ve had on all week. But what happens if you have to duck out of the teleconference to use the restroom? A slow slump under the table might go unnoticed. …
3. RIAA toilet paper. I hate to continue the bathroom theme going on here, but this toilet paper is emblazoned with the initials of the Recording Industry Association of America. Uh, there’s really nothing left to say here.
4. Puget Sound residents might take a particular interest in the CrustaStun, a device that zaps lobsters and other crustaceans with enough electric current to produce “instant anaesthesia” and kill them in five to 10 seconds. We have no guarantee that this actually works as a pain reliever for soon-to-be seafood, but it’s gotta be better than hearing that little squeak when you throw a live crab into a pot of boiling water.
5. The Motorized Cruzin’ Cooler is a made-to-order go-cart with a 54-quart ice chest as a seat. For when you have no other idea for how to spend $2,000.
6. The Shocking Liar. Put your hand on the device and it will send you a shock if it senses that you’re lying. Perhaps this is a party game for the host that hates everyone.
What are we missing here? Have you found other horrific finds to add? Send them in, and maybe we’ll get a real best-of-the-worst list going.