Microsoft announced an update to its ESPN on Xbox Live service this week, including the addition of split-screen and enhanced personalization features.
Among the features being added:
- A split screen to watch more than one game at a time. Each screen can also be controlled independently — pausing and rewinding each separately, for instance.
- The ability to designate favorite sports and teams, enabling viewers to jump directly into their favorite games and content, and to get personalized daily feeds of news and highlights.
- A mini guide at the bottom of the screen with previews and quick access to different sports content .
- Being able to navigate by voice using Voice Control with Kinect.
- A live college football scoreboard.
The additions to its ESPN on Xbox Live features are among the steps Microsoft is taking in making its Xbox not just a video-game console but also an entertainment hub for the living room.
(Photo of split screen feature on ESPN on Xbox Live from Microsoft)