Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates once again tops Forbes Magazine’s list of the 400 richest people in America.
The 55-year-old former Microsoft CEO, who is still chairman of the board at Microsoft and now co-chairs the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, has a net worth of $59 billion as of this month, Forbes said.
He’s topped the list numerous times before, including last year when he had a net worth of about $54 billion.
Other local tech billionaires on the list include Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeff Bezos at No. 13 (net worth $19.1 billion); Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer at No. 19 ($13.9 billion) and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen at No. 23 ($13.2 billion).
The top 10 on Forbes’ list are:
- Bill Gates, $59 billion
- Warren Buffett, $39 billion
- Larry Ellison, $33 billion
- Charles Koch, $25 billion
- David Koch, $25 billion
- Christy Walton and family, $24.5 billion
- George Soros, $22 billion
- Sheldon Adelson, $21.5 billion
- Jim Walton, $21.1 billion
- Alice Walton, $20.9 billion
(Photo of Bill Gates from Microsoft)