The Bellevue Square store will be among 10 Microsoft Stores hosting a midnight launch of Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2, which are scheduled for release on Oct. 22.
Starting at 10 p.m. local time Oct. 21, each of the 10 stores will host a series of interactive challenge games, with winners from each store getting a trip to Orlando, Fla, the next day for a Microsoft Store opening and a chance to meet Pitbull, who will be performing at the store opening.
The 10 stores hosting the midnight launches are:
- Bellevue Square Mall
- Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Dadeland Mall (Miami)
- Lennox Square Mall (Atlanta)
- The Shops at Prudential Center (Boston)
- The Westchester (White Plains, N.Y.)
- The Domain (Austin, Texas)
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City (Arlington, Va.)
- Oakbrook Center Mall (Oak Brook, Ill.)
The other 60 or so Microsoft Stores will host events and giveaways later this month, the company said.
This could be a way to get a jump on Apple, which reportedly is hosting a press event, also on Oct. 22, to announce new iPads and a new Mac Pro and give updates on OS X Mavericks.
Also on Oct. 22 is a Nokia event, where that company is expected to introduce new Windows smartphone and tablet devices.
Microsoft announced the next generation of Surface devices last month, setting Oct. 22 as the launch date.