We’re all back at the St. Regis Hotel in New York, where the NBA Board of Governors is meeting for a second day to bat around the Seattle/Sacramento issue.
There’s quite a bit of media here because everyone made plans when it was thought this was when the ultimate decision would be made. Instead, as has become reinforced the last few days, a decision is now not expected until early May.
Still, there may be at least a little light shed on things today as NBA commissioner David Stern will meet with the media when the meetings conclude — and it’s worth reminding that the BOG does have more on its agenda here than just the Seattle/Sacramento situation so he will have a few other things to talk about, as well.
Unlike yesterday, when the media was kept outside the hotel and forced to stand on the sidewalk and hope for anything from any of the exiting owners/NBA personnel, today we are inside, with a media room and press conference area already set up. So we will definitely hear from Stern at some point.
In case you missed it, here’s my story for the Friday paper recapping the events of Thursday, such as they were.
Also, here is the Sacramento Bee’s story from today, reiterating that the Maloofs want the NBA to vote on the Seattle bid and reporting that the family has some issues with the offer presented by the new Sacramento group.
And here are a couple of videos of the scene.
First, the scene outside the hotel:
[do action=”brightcove-video” videoid=”2312543670001″/]
And a look at the room where the press conference will be held later today:
[do action=”brightcove-video” videoid=”2312585036001″/]